The Reason Why We Exist As a Church
The purpose of our church is summarized in a single sentence based on two key scriptures:
We believe that commitment to the Great Commandment and the Great Commission will grow a Great Church.
- The Great Commandment: “Jesus said, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart…soul…and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.’” Matthew 22:36-40 and;
- The Great Commission: “Jesus said, ‘Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20
Simply put, we believe that …
- To “Love God with all our heart” is “WORSHIP”.
- To “Love our neighbor as ourselves” is “MINISTRY”.
- To “Go…win souls and make disciples” is “EVANGELISM”.
- To “Baptize…” is to “INCORPORATE INTO FELLOWSHIP”.
- To “Teach them…all things” is “DISCIPLESHIP”.
In essence, Christ’s Ambassadors exists…
- To CELEBRATE God’s Presence (Worship)
- To MANIFEST God’s Love (Ministry)
- To COMMUNICATE God’s Word (Evangelism)
- To ASSIMILATE God’s Family (Fellowship)
- To EDUCATE God’s People (Discipleship)
At CHRIST’S AMBASSADORS…
- Every member is a: MINISTER
- Every task is IMPORTANT and;
- Every member is equally IMPORTANT in some area.